Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1 Year

Dear Abby,

It has been 1 year since you were taken away from me.  1 year since I have been able to talk to you.  1 year without my best friend.  I miss you.  Terribly.  I still don't think of you being gone as a reality.  Sometimes I pretend you decided to become a missionary and you are in the deep jungles of Africa telling people about Jesus.  But then I laugh and know that you couldn't eat their food, it took you years to not order a cheeseburger at a mexican restaurant :)  So much has happened Abby, and sometimes it hurts so much that you weren't here to see it.  You would absolutely love Lucy and she would love you.  You would have made the best godmother.  I read her the book you got her and I tell her about you.  I even sing to her the wrong lyrics to songs in memory of you.  We even sing Whitney Houston together and I am pretty sure she loves it.  What is the hardest is knowing that I will never again have a best friend like you, never have someone to share my deepest and most shallow thought with.  I get angry sometimes, angry at God, angry at others.  I know I shouldn't but I wish it was someone else that feels my pain.  I am thankful that I had 18 years with you as my friend and 10 of those as my bestie.  You were closer than most of my family, than any friend.  I thank you for loving me despite all my downfalls, my temper, my stubborness, my impulsiveness and my stinky feet.  I only hope that everyone gets to experience that one friendship that cannot be broken, that cannot be changed and cannot be duplicated.  My heart is broken today and the tears keep flowing but I know that healing will come but there will always be a part of my heart that went with you that tragic day.  I love you to the moon.

Love always,
Krissy





2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. Sorry it's been a hard day...hard year. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you had such a special friend for so many years.Now she is safe in the arms of Jesus forever.Hang in there sweetie.

    ReplyDelete